Sat. AM Ski in Berne NY but I forgot my camera!

Ahhh! I forgot my camera! And it was so pretty.
The radio man said it was 9° by the time we left but that was Albany.
Up in Berne, who knows what it was. This is how they describe Berne:

"The center of the Helderbergs - It's all down hill from here!"


I met Brad at his house, then we drove a few miles to his father's house where he keeps his ski gear.
From his father's house, we set out on skis into the woods on trails which eventually hook up with state land which has marked trails on it.
It was beautifully quiet, not even a breeze and the sun was shining.
We were not bothered at all by the cold except for my left big toe which was hard to keep warm but not a big problem.
We skied for about 1 hr and 15 minutes. My average HR was 139.
Most of the trail was flat with a few hills.
My right binding bail, which gave me trouble on my last ski, held up pretty well, although those 75mm, 3 pin bindings are a bother to get into.
Also my left boot in particular is separating from the sole in the front.
One time a couple of years ago I fell on a fast descent and the sole on one of my boots (not these) ripped completely off and I had to ski back on one ski.
It's kind of neat that you can do that but very tiring on that one leg!
Well, I'll ride these until they give out and then I may switch to another pair of skis that I have with a different type of binding. The shoes I have for those are a little tight for me but maybe I'll try thinner socks.
It was great to get out.
Maybe tomorrow? And DON'T FORGET THE CAMERA!!!

Posted in |

0 comments: