The weather man predicted a low of 38° this morning but it was 28!
Quite a difference I would say.
I rode 26 miles.
Again, the only problem with the cold was my feet. They were good for about 45 minutes.
Although I don't think they got quite as cold as yesterday which was warmer.
Today I wore my toe covers and I think they helped a little.
Maybe they kept my toes comfortable for longer and when they finally did get cold, maybe they were not as cold as they could have been.
Here they are. They are Gators and they cost $20. The left one is broken where the shoe cleat goes through but they still work.

From 2008_10_28 Rain Gear

I also use a Buff, an all-purpose head gear thing which I like because it's all purpose. I can wear it as a balaclava at the start of the ride and if it gets too warm I don't have to stow it I can just convert it to a hat or sweat band or scarf. The problem with it is that it's not perfect as anything especially the balaclava. If I want it to cover everything but my eyes I have to tuck and fold it in and it doesn't stay tucked in. It can impede visibility.
Here it is.
From 2008_10_28 Rain Gear


Here it is as a balaclava
From 2008_10_28 Rain Gear


I originally got it for skiing but I use it everyday for cycling. In spite of it's limitations, I love it.

Speaking of skiing, Killington, VT opens Sunday! Here's an actual shot from today. Too bad the wife and I can't afford the $82 each for lift tickets. Ouch!

I'm kicking myself again today on the ride for not bringing a camera. I went by the camel and it was standing right in front of a gorgeous view of the Helderberg Escarpment in all it's autumn regalia. What a shot! I guess camels don't mind cold weather? I thought it would be inside.

Oh well. The ride was great. I feel like a million bucks today!

Posted in |

0 comments: