the best time of year

Well, really, everytime is the best time of year. But I love the fall for riding, right when it's 55 to 70° or so. Indian Summer.
It's getting a little cooler now. This morning was about 43°.
I got a pair of tights that work great. We even had a 27° morning and I was fine.
The only thing that's getting cold now are my hands and my feet.
I'm thinking I may have to ride the mountain bike when it gets real cold 'cause I can wear my hiking boots and wool socks. My road bike uses clipless pedals.
All in all, I love getting out in this weather. It's supposed to rain tomorrow (it's raining now, actually)but I'm considering going out on a ride. I have rain gear except for gloves, boots and head. They are not waterproof.
We may even see some snow in the next couple of days!

This pic is from a ride on the Mohawk-Hudson Bike Path that I took with my wife:

From 2008_10_19 Mo-Hud Trail


This is me on the same ride. The Mohawk River is in the background. (I thought I looked better than that)

From 2008_10_19 Mo-Hud Trail


This was on Oct. 19th and when we went yesterday (the 26th) the colors were already gone by!

From 2008_10_19 Mo-Hud Trail


Here's some color.

From 2008_10_19 Mo-Hud Trail

Posted in |

0 comments: