I like weather!

Today was a rainy morning, about 43°.
But I like weather.
As a kid, I always liked standing outside our house or in the woods on a rainy day; watching the swollen river behind the house and all the water engorged fluorescent glowing greenery.
Besides I bought all this rain gear and i'd better use it!
This summer I booked myself for these 2 benefit rides, one a 100K for the American Diabetes Association (Tour de Cure) and the other a 75 miler for Love 146 (Ride 4 Love).
Benefit rides go on rain or shine so I figured I'd better be prepared.
I bought the cheapest rain gear I could find and tried it out last spring on a rainy day.
So today's ride was sweet. I find it so peaceful, riding in the rain.
I don't have shoe covers so I used plastic bags which I duct taped like so:

From 2008_10_28 Rain Gear


Here I am in my rain gear. Don't look too happy do I? It's because of the camera which I could only get to do a 2 second delay.
From 2008_10_28 Rain Gear

Posted in |

1 comments:

  1. Stephanie Says:

    BAAAAAAAAAA HAHAHAHA!! YES!!
    Mom told me about this when I saw her that day. The slushy-snow was WRETCHED in town, so I was very impressed. LOVE the bags on the feet, of course. And only a 2-second delay... heeheehee.