25 mile afternoon ride

Today's ride went out 10 miles to where riding buddy Charles lives (but he's probably working today). He doesn't have to ride to the glorious country, he lives there.
The ride out is Snyder's Bridge Road (Rte 102). It's all rollers and winding road but not much if any shoulder and some fast traffic until you get out aways. The trend is uphill.
The ride back is on Bushendorf Road and Jarvis, a favorite route. Even more winding rollers but the trend is downhill. Very quiet road with almost no traffic and pretty scenery. It's an AHHHHHHHHH ride! Almost lost it one time on Jarvis. You can get going pretty fast and there's no shoulder just a drop-off into the woods. I got a little too close to the edge at 30+mph. It wouldn't have been pretty!
I intended this to be an easy recovery ride 'cause my right knee has been a little "tweaky". Nothing serious but I want to keep it that way. I was mostly good. ;-)
Here's today's route:



Off topic, but here are some pics of me from the tour de cure that I got the other day:

This is before the start of the 100K.
That's me on the right in the retro blue helmet and orange shirt. It turned out to be a hot day. Low 90s.


Start of the 100K

Posted in |

0 comments: