Squeezing the last drop out of winter

Squeezing the last drop out of winter, we are going to ski at Plattekill Mtn. in Roxbury, NY tomorrow.

My choices were, in this order: Windham, Plattekill, Jiminy Peak.

My reasoning was this: Windham has the most open terrain, 100% and they are close, within 1 hour, but the most expensive @ $39 (not bad, though. Killington is still $82!).
Plattekill is probably 2nd best terrain because they are also in the Catskills but this is debatable because they don't have the snowmaking to build up their base. On the other hand, they have $20 lift tickets which was the deciding factor for the Mrs.. We are also trying to be considerate of some relatives which we invited because they also have to rent equipment.
Jiminy was 3rd choice because 1.They are in the Berkshires which didn't get the late season Catskill dump. On the plus side for Jiminy, they have good snowmaking so their base is probably good. We could get e-tickets @ $25 a pop. We also have a 2 for 1 coupon and I think their regular lift ticket price is reduced to $39.

So there you have it.


I rode today, a short, base-building ride but I did lube my chain at least and it did seem to make things better.

I was able to downshift my front derailleur better although I did drop my chain downshifting this time.

I tried recording with the BlackBerry and VR+ software again. I stopped at the halfway point and confirmed it was still recording and it was. But when I got home there was a recording error and no recording. I think I might have run out of space on the internal storage or something the message said something about error saving.

Next time I'm going to try just saving it at the halfway point and see if that works. If there's not space to just save it internally and start another recording, I may have to upload the first file in order to make room.

I'm OK with that. This is all just an experiment right? Patience is the key. Right? Right?

It was warm and sunny. Probably 70 degrees.

It's some consolation for the end of ski season.

Posted in |

0 comments: