Primo!

The weather, that is.

Perfect cycling weather. Mostly sunny, not too cold, not too hot. Slight breeze.

These are the ideal days for riding. Usually occur in the spring and fall.

I got out the trusty Raleigh today and rode for about 45 minutes before dinner. I really appreciate my old Raleigh Olympian. It's retro. Probably early eighties. Not the best years for Raleigh but my bike has been really sound. Maybe I would love a modern bike but this one works for me and I actually have come to like the way it looks. The shifting was working good today. Maybe the cables just needed a little limbering up after the winter.


I still had a little trouble with my new heart rate monitor. It wasn't getting a reading for the 1st 5 minutes or so. Or I should say it got a reading and stuck there. I think maybe it was the conductivity of the chest strap. Probably because it was cool, I hadn't developed much perspiration under it yet to form a good electrical contact. But it got working eventually. If it continues to be a problem, I'll try to get some conductive gel like they use on the EKG electrodes. I wonder if I can get that OTC at the drug store?

It was a nice ride. Maybe I hit it a little too hard out of the gate. I felt some discomfort on my left leg behind the knee and the achilles tendon. Might need to warm up a little more. But I was chompin' at the bit! Wanting to pick up where I left off last fall, I guess.

I rode straight out to the country. Meads lane

and then past 5 rivers to the railroad tracks

where I turned around and headed home. I just love the quiet rural roads the best. It's healing to my soul!

Posted in |

0 comments: