Recovery ride - Mohawk Hudson Bike Path

I rode a pretty hard 42 miles yesterday so I wanted to take it easy today. I passed on an offer by Charles to ride this afternoon and instead rode 10 with Mrs. MTBMan on the Mo-Hud trail.

This time we drove out near the western end of the trail past Schenectady into Rotterdam. A little parking area just before Lock 8 on the Mohawk River.

I think this section is the most scenic part of the whole Corning Trail/Mohawk-Hudson Bike Path system.

For one thing, the path is generally narrower and more winding which not only makes it more fun to ride but I think somehow it adds to the beauty of the scenery. Maybe it's because you are surprised around the turns at some of the vistas that open up.

While it's generally flat, there are no serious climbs, it is also more rolling than most of the easterly parts of the trail some of which can get monotonous.

The ride went by quick and I felt rejuvenated.

This time I brought the camera but the batteries died after taking this one picture.

Posted in |

0 comments: