Snow

As has much of the country, we've had a little snow here over the last few days.

I like snow and the cold. It's funny to hear everybody grousing about the weather. When you find someone who also loves the weather, you've found a kindred spirit. And it's not just skiers and snowboarders (or snowmobilers and snowshoers). Sometimes it's the most unlikely people.

I like snow, of course, because I like to ski but it's not just that. I've always liked it. I like to assemble all the right gear and bundle up properly like I was on an Antarctic expedition. I especially like days like today. Light powdery windblown snow. It's really beautiful. All the strange curves and shapes made by the wind.

We've had temperatures between 8 and 14° and a little snow, maybe 3 to 5 inches over the last several days. It's been wildly divergent. Some nearby areas have got as much as 20 inches!

I know International Falls, Minnesota was down to 40 below but they have a rep for that. Right on the Canadian border and all.

Some friends of mine went snowboarding Saturday at Gore Mountain in the Adirondacks. It was really cold and windy that day. They had a hard time cause the coating of light powder was blown or ridden away leaving sheer ice. Not too fun.

I'm hoping we have a better time Wed. at Stratton Mtn. in Vermont. We've got a Warren Miller freebie to use up!

Posted in |

0 comments: